A young bride has set fire to her own gown in a dramatic attempt to get a perfect picture pose by a riverside.
The bride set fire to her gown
A woman has posed for a dramatic set of wedding photos in which she torched her wedding dress, Daily Mail UK
A photographer set fire to the bride-to-be's wedding dress in China's Fujian province and let it burn up to create an artistic effect.
'Behind the scenes' footage was posted online on May 16 with many people on Chinese social media sharing their concerns.
In the footage uploaded to People's Daily on May 16, a woman can be seen standing at the lakeside in Fuzhou as one assistant sets the dress on fire.
As the fire turns the dress into a haze of bright orange, Mr Zheng, the photographer, captures the moment with his camera.
The fire continues to burn and reaches the woman's back.
Zheng told Pear that a fire extinguisher was on hand to put out the fire at any time.
He said: 'We did research beforehand, from the choice of oil, wedding dress testing and the time required to put out the fire, to ensure that everything was under control.'
The idea was inspired by a trend set by John Michael Cooper, a wedding photographer who aimed to create a ritual known as Trash the Dress by destroying wedding dresses in the name of art in 2001.
The trend became popular over many years after his photos caught lots of attention.
Zheng said he wished to follow the same trend. He added that his client thought it was 'a cool idea' and agreed to do so.
He told Pear: 'The photoshoot follows a theme of classical elements. These beautiful photos are not being photo-shopped as it's important to enjoy the process in the making.'
However many web users disagree.
'mSuRou' asked in the comment section: 'Who thinks the photos are pretty?'
'Zhangdaixia' said: 'Such an ignorant woman who is putting her life at risk.'
Chinese Firefighters Department posted on Weibo, a Twitter-like social media account, warning the public that wedding dress material is highly flammable.
They stated that any delay in putting out the fire could lead to serious consequences to the wearer.
Watch the video below: