Lifeless President: FG Breaks Silence On Trump's Statement

Posted by George on Tue 28th Aug, 2018 - tori.ng

Lai Mohammed has expressed pessimism about a Financial Times report concerning how Trump disparaged President Buhari.

 
Presidents Muhammadu Buhari and Donald Trump
 
The Federal Government has questioned the authenticity of a statement reportedly made by President Donald Trump describing President Muhammadu Buhari as a “lifeless leader.”
 
Trump made the statement shortly after a meeting between the two leaders on April 30, Financial Times reported on Monday.
 
Buhari, the first sub-Saharan Africa president to meet Trump since he was sworn in as the 45th American president, was in the US for bilateral talks. The meeting, according to the Newspaper, ended with Trump saying he never wanted to meet someone as lifeless as Buhari again.
 
Reacting, Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said that if Trump said so, it would be of no significance since the President of the United States of America had earlier publicly endorsed Buhari.
 
Mohammed told Punch, “I doubt the authenticity of the claim that the President of the USA said that.

“But if truly he said so, then it is of no significance to us.

“This is because the same Trump publicly endorsed and applauded the President for a job well done.”
Popular Stories
See Beautiful Photos of Jesus Christ's Birthplace and Tomb in Israel (Photos)
Shocker! Woman Finds Out Man She Married and Has Been Living with for 3 Years is Actually a Woman (Photo)
Meet the Lady Who Doesn't Have Hands But Paints Perfectly Well With Her Toes (Photos)
See the Top 6 Nigerian Pastors that are Heavily Involved in Politics
Abomination! Gay Man Proposes Marriage to Boyfriend in a Church (See Photos)


Copyright © 2025 Tori.ng - All rights reserved
Tori.ng is owned and managed by Cyclofoss Technologies Ltd.