Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner





Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Tragedy As Generator Fume Kills Entire Family Of 5 In Rivers State (Photo)

Posted by Samuel on Wed 15th Aug, 2018 - tori.ng

A family of five has been reportedly killed by generator fumes in a community in Rivers state, sparking quite a stir in the area.

The family was killed by generator fumes
 
It has been reported that a five members of a family have been found dead in Igboh Community in Etche local Government Council area of Rivers state.
 
According to PM News, neighbours said they died of suffocation from the fumes they inhaled from their generating set.
 
Eyewitnesses told our PM News that they kept their generating set in their bathroom on Monday night until dawn.
 
Concerned neighbours who did not see them wake up early Tuesday morning were curious and after several calls on them and no response from the apartment, they forced the entrance door open, only to find them dead.
 
Their lifeless bodies were later deposited in a morgue at Umuebulu in Etche amidst wailing by friends and neighbours to the deceased family members.
 
The Paramount ruler of Igboh, Eze Samuel Amaechi confirmed the incident, describing it as sad and a tragedy to the Kingdom of Igboh.
 
He said the kingdom has started the sensitization of members of his kingdom on the dangers of locking up a generating sets in enclosures where people live.
 
“Yesterday, I was informed that a family of five died after inhaling carbon monoxide from their generating set. This is not the first time it has happened. Prior to this time we have warned residents to always keep their generating sets far away from the house if they are going to bed because generator fumes are dangerous to the human body,” he said
 
The Rivers State Police Command is yet to react to the tragedy.



Top Stories
Popular Stories


Stories from this Category
Recent Stories