No fewer than 38 universities across Nigeria have jerked up their fees in an increment which might be attributed to poor funding by the federal and state governments.
In a statement released on Thursday by the Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) - the University of Ibadan chapter, Dr. Deji Omole, no fewer than 38 universities across Nigeria have increased their school fees.
According to reports, the latest increment might be attributed to poor funding by the federal and state governments as ASUU poorly rated the President Muhammadu Buhari in the area of funding of university education.
ASUU also noted that it will be difficult for any Nigeria university to effectively compete globally with the attitude of Buhari not to allocate enough budgetary allocation as prescribed by UNESCO to fund education.
The statement which assessed the two years of Buhari in office, lamented that the current government had made Nigerians poorer, adding that public education was not taken seriously because most children of the rich and those in high offices do not school in Nigeria.
Below is a list of tuition increment in some universities as collated by Vanguard, in the order of institution, old fees, new fees...
1. UNILAG N14,500 - N63,500
2. ABU N27,000 - N41,000
3. UNN N60,450 - N66,950
4. OAU N19,700 - N57,700
5. UNIZIK N20,100 - N65,920
6. BUK N26,000 - N40,000
7. UNIABUJA N39,300 - N42,300
8. UDU N32,000 - N43,000
9. NOUN N36,000 - N41,000
10. UNIBEN N12,000 - N49,500
11. UNILORIN N16,000 - N75,500
12. FUTA N13,560 - N83,940
13. FUTMINNA N20,000 - N37,000
14. FUNAAB N18,250 - N33,000
15. UNICAL N30,500 - N42,750
16. UNIUYO N71,000 - N84,250
17. FCET Akoka N16,000 - N40,000
18. Osun Varsity N95,000 - N135,500
19. ANSU N76,000 - N139,000
20. LASU N96,750 - N158,250
21. IBBU N25000 - N52,000
22. IMSU N120,000 - N150,000
23. PLASU N50,000 - N100,000
24. MAPOLY N57,000 - N75,000
25. Ibadan Poly N30,000 - N50,000
26. Abia Poly N56,550 - N61,000
27. Auchi Poly N14,800 - N28,000
28. Osustech N70,000 - N80,000
29. ESUT N104,900 - N124,900
30. KWARAPOLY N28,000 - N44,000
31. LAUTECH N65,000 - N72,500
32. TASUED N66,500 - N76,500
33. Afe Babalola N675,000 - N1,075,000
34. Igbinedion N540,000 - N820,000
35. Crawford N400,000 - N600,000
36. Redeemers N545,000 - N605,000
37. Covenant N774,500 - N814,500
38. Benson Idahosa N284,300 - N1,150,000.00