As tension is increasing around the Afaraukwu, Umuahia residence of the leader of IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, in Abia State, residents are circulating pre-cautionary messages via Whatsapp.
South-easterners have circulated guidelines on how to stay safe during the Operation Python Dance II launched by the Nigerian Army to sanitize the geopolitical zone of security threats and other forms of vices.
The Abia State governor, Okezie Ikpeazu has also declared a 3-day curfew starting from today (Tuesday) as tension aggravates in the area due to open confrontation between the soldiers and members of the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB).
Many believe the operation which is 'provocative' is directed at separatist leader, Nnamdi Kanu for the purpose of 'clipping his wings' in the region.
Check out the Whatsapp being shared by Abia residents below to keep people safe during the military exercise:
Guide on how to stay safe in the Entire South East during the Military exercise named Egwu Eke II (Python Dance II) from September 15, 2017 to October 14, 2017. Your life is in your hand.
1. Always carry your ID card with you, so that you can always identify yourself whenever called upon to do so.
2. Never stay out late for whatever reason.
3. If you must drive, make sure your driver’s license and all your car particulars are complete and valid.
4. If possible do not use car with tinted glass even if you have permit.
5. If you are stopped at the check point, answer only the questions that you are asked. Do not volunteer any information nor ask questions.
6. Do not for any reason argue with any military personnel, they are all battle ready.
7. Stay indoors as much as possible, go out if it is absolutely necessary.
8. Do not play ball on the street.
9. Do not jog on the street.
10. Do not for any reason carry Biafran flag with you.
11. Do not play loud music in your car.
12. Do not undertake any interstate journey, unless it is absolutely necessary. You must target to arrive your destination before it gets dark.
13. Avoid fixing weddings, burials or any form of function that will require the gathering of many people.
14. Females should as much as possible move around in pairs.
15. Be warned, this is like war situation.