On Saturday, the death of popular evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke, was announced by his wife Anni via his official Facebook page.
Below are a few things to know about the late evangelist:
1. Reinhard Bonnke was a German-American preacher, who focused on Africa a lot during his lifetime.
2. According to Wikipedia, he was born on April 19, 1940.
3. Bonnke held his farewell Gospel crusade in Nigeria in November 2017 and handed over to Daniel Kolenda.
4. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Bonnke, in 1984 commissioned the construction of what was the world’s largest mobile structure as of that time– a tent capable of seating 34,000 persons.
5. He died at the age of 79.
6. Bonnke was married to Anni Suelze, whom he met at a gospel music festival. They married in 1964 and have three children.
7. He began his ministry in Africa by preaching in Lesotho in 1967. He went on to hold meetings in different countries across the continent.