Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Man Sitting In Wheelchair Goes Up In Flames After Falling Asleep With Cigarette In His Hand

Posted by Samuel on Sun 08th Dec, 2019 -

A man sitting in a wheelchair has gone up in flames after falling asleep with a cigarette in his hand.

wheelchair on fire

A firefighter puts out the fire that started while a man was sitting in a wheelchair

New York Post reports that an American man in a wheelchair has been burned in Midtown Manhattan, USA, early Saturday after falling asleep with a cigarette in his hand.

The 43-year-old man was sitting outside a building on East 53rd Street near 5th Avenue just after 7 a.m. when he fell asleep holding the lit cigarette, officials said.

The snoozing smoker then dropped the burning butt into his lap, where it began to scorch him, authorities said.

Emergency responders quashed the small blaze in less than 20 minutes — but his wheelchair burned down to its frame.

He was taken to Mount Sinai St. Luke’s with first-degree burns on his legs, police said.

“His arms were burned bad,” a nearby food cart vendor told The Post. “I saw a lot of smoke.”

Top Stories
Popular Stories

Stories from this Category
Recent Stories