The affected house
Property and other valuable items worth millions of Naira have been destroyed by a fire outbreak in Potiskum town, Yobe State.
The apartment which belongs to one Mr. Cletus Ozemoya Igbarumah, a Staff in the Laboratory Department of the General Hospital, Damagun was said to have bern engulfed by fire following electrical surge at about 1:05pm, Wednesday.
Though no life was recorded to have bern lost, the incident has left the affected occupants counting their loses.
This is coming less than 24 hours of a midnight fire outbreak that led to the death of a pregnant mother alongside her three daughters in Damaturu.
The incessant fire outbreak in Yobe State which has now become an order of the day and defied solution, has become a source of concern to many; as some blame the state firefighters for their inability to respond accordingly to emergencies, while others are of the view that negligence is the main factor leading to many cases of fire outbreaks in the state.