Ahead of resumption of schools in Abia state, teachers have been spotted cleaning classrooms.
Teachers cleaning classrooms ahead of resumption in Abia state
Teachers in Abia state have been spotted cleaning classrooms ahead of school resumption in the state.
According to Igbere TV, teachers of Owerri Road Primary School 1 & 2 in Aba, Abia State were seen dusting up the school in preparation for resumption of academic activities on Monday.
This comes after the state commissioner for Information, John Kalu, revealed the protocols for reopening of schools which include the following.
1. All relevant teachers must be tested for COVID-19 and certified free before they come close to the school
2. Not more than 20 school children in a classroom with all doors and windows open
3. Teachers and pupils/students are to wear face masks at all times
4. Hand washing stations must be available at the various entrances and points in every school for regular use
5. All pupils and teachers must have their temperatures taken before entering the school and where there are issues, the person should be kept in the isolation area and a call made to the state rapid response team to come in and take samples and test for COVID-19
6. No parent is allowed to visit the schools and the children are not permitted to gather for any reason. Teachers are expected to lead morning prayers in each classroom.
7. No food vendor is allowed near any school in the State
8. Any child that is ill should be taken to the sick bay or Isolation area and a call immediately placed to the rapid response team via 0700 2242 362. A child in isolation area should be allowed to continue writing his/her exams, if he/she can safely do so.
9. All Abians must contribute to securing the best school children in Nigeria including elected and appointed office holders who are expected to retire to thier communities to help in clearing the schools as well as monitor compliance with relevant regulations.