Learn how to play New World with a controller and discover tips and tricks to earn New World gold
A Beginner's Guide to Playing Your New World Account with a Controller
New World is an open-world MMO game set in a surreal but grounded version of the 17th century. The game features a vast open world to explore, various enemies to fight, and a variety of activities to engage in. One way to enhance your gaming experience is by using a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse. In this guide, we will show you how to set up and play New World with a controller, as well as provide tips and tricks for earning New World gold and advancing your account.
Setting Up Your Controller
Before you can start playing New World with a controller, you need to set it up. Here's how:
- Connect your controller to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the game and go to the settings menu.
- Click on "controls" and then "customize."
- Select "controller" from the list of options.
- Assign the buttons to the corresponding actions in the game.
You can also use third-party software such as Xpadder or Joy2Key to customize your controller settings. These programs allow you to assign specific actions to each button on your controller and can be useful if you want more control over your gameplay.
Playing New World with a Controller
Once you have your controller set up, it's time to start playing New World. Here are some tips to help you get started (face button layouts assume you’re using an Xbox controller):
- Use the left stick to move your character and the right stick to look around.
- Press the left bumper to dodge and the right bumper to block.
- Use the A button to interact with objects and the B button to cancel actions.
- Press the X button to jump and the Y button to sprint.
As you become more familiar with the game, you can experiment with different button combinations to find what works best for you.
Earning New World Gold
New World gold
is the in-game currency that you can use to buy items, weapons, and other equipment. Here are some ways to earn gold:
- Complete quests: Quests are a great way to earn gold and experience points. Make sure to take on as many quests as you can and complete them to earn rewards.
- Sell items: You can sell items that you don't need to other players or to NPC merchants. Be sure to check the prices before selling to ensure you get the best deal.
- Gather resources: Resources such as ore, wood, and plants can be sold for gold. Try to gather as much as you can and sell them for a profit.
- Take on bounties: Bounties are special tasks that reward you with gold and other items. Check the notice board in each town to see what bounties are available.
- Participate in events: Events are special in-game activities that offer rewards such as gold, experience points, and items. Keep an eye out for events and participate in as many as you can.
Advancing Your New World account
In addition to earning gold, there are other ways to advance your account in New World. Here are some tips:
- Level up: The more experience points you earn, the higher your level will be. This will give you access to new abilities, equipment, and areas of the game.
- Join a company: Joining a company, or guild, in New World can be a great way to advance your New World account. Companies offer a sense of community, as well as the ability to complete group activities and earn bonuses.
- Participate in PVP: New World features a player versus player (PVP) mode in which players can participate in battles against other players. Not only can this be a fun way to advance your account, but it can also earn you bonuses and rewards.
- Use your gold wisely: As you earn gold, be sure to use it wisely. Invest in useful items and equipment that will help you progress through the game.
- Explore the world: The world of New World is vast and there is much to discover. Take the time to explore and find hidden areas and secrets that can help you advance your account.
Whether You Choose to Play With a Controller or Mouse/KB, Don’t Forget to Have Fun
Playing New World with a controller can enhance your gaming experience and make it easier to control your character. By setting up your controller and familiarizing yourself with the controls, you can focus on earning New World gold and advancing your account. Remember to complete quests, sell items, gather resources, participate in events, join a company, participate in PVP, use your gold wisely, and explore the world. With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to becoming a master of New World.