Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Man Dies After Mistakenly Swallowing This Type Of Fish

Posted by Thandiubani on Thu 04th Jul, 2019 -

A man has died after accidentally swallowing a fish leaving his family members in serious pain.

File photo
A 50-year-old man died after he accidentally swallowed a live tilapia fish and got his airway blocked, while fishing in a central Philippine river, local news reported on Thursday.
According to the report, the victim, identified as Roger Marcelino, and his son went fishing in the river in Tagutud, a village in Bungasong town in Antique province in the central Philippines, on June 29 when the accident happened.
The son reportedly said it has been his father’s habit to put his fresh catch between his teeth.
However, this time he swallowed the fish, which apparently blocked his airway, causing him to stop breathing. The report did not mention the size of the fish.
The victim was taken to a local hospital but was declared dead, the report added.
Tilapia fish are mainly freshwater fish inhabiting shallow streams, ponds, rivers, and lakes, and less commonly found living in brackish water.

Top Stories
Popular Stories

Stories from this Category
Recent Stories