On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Mrs Sarah Omotunde-Alade, as Special Adviser on Finance and the Economy.
The office is domiciled in the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning.
Here are a few things to know about Omotunde-Alade:
1. Dr. Sarah Alade joined the Central Bank of Nigeria in 1993 as an Assistant Director in the Research Department.
2. She has served as Head, State Government Finance Office (1993-1996); Head, Federal Government Finance Office (1996-2000); and Head, Fiscal Analysis Division (2000-2004).
3. Alade was appointed Director, Banking Operations Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria in May 2004.
4. She also served as the chairman, Board of Directors, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System as well as Secretary, National Payments System Committee.
5. She was appointed the acting governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria from February 20, 2014, until the appointment of Godwin Emefiele.
6. Dr. Sarah Alade retired from the Central bank of Nigeria as Deputy Governor after 24 years of active service in the apex bank in March 22, 2017.