Governor Wike and Ekam had reportedly sued Atiku Abubakar, the Sokoto state governor, Aminu Tambuwal, and the PDP over the conduct of the presidential primary.
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has broken his silence after Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and another PDP chieftain, Newgent Ekam sued him and the party.
Governor Wike and Ekam had reportedly sued Atiku Abubakar, the Sokoto state governor, Aminu Tambuwal, and the PDP over the conduct of the presidential primary of the party that was held in Abuja in May 2022.
Atiku's spokesman, Paul Ibe reacted on Friday according to Legit NG.
Among other prayers, Wike and Ekamon asked the court to order INEC to reject or remove Atiku from “its list of candidates in the 2023 presidential election.” They are also seeking an order commanding the PDP to recount the votes of the primary that was held on May 28 and May 29 and declare Wike the winner of the primary.
It was gathered that the court processes had been served on the PDP at its Wadata Plaza headquarters located at Wuse Zone 5 while a copy had also been delivered to Atiku’s Campaign office in Maitama and the Sokoto State Government’s Liaison Office by the court bailiff.
Atiku’s spokesman, Ibe reacting to the suit, said his principal had not yet been served and thus could not comment on the matter.
“We are not aware of the case and have not been served. When we are served, we will respond appropriately. However, the response will be done in the proper manner and not through the media,” Ibe said.
Also, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Debo Ologunagba, said he was unaware of the case and thus could not comment on it. “I’m just hearing about this case from you. I have not seen the process and thus cannot comment on it,” he said.
Governor Wike has also not officially issued any statement regarding the lawsuit.