As many as four family members have been tragically killed after a fire broke out at night in a community in Niger.
The scene of the sad incident
It was serious tragedy that struck on Monday night at Bosso area of Minna, Niger State when four members of one Late Malam Falifali family perished in an inferno which left few other victims badly burnt.
Local reports show that the cause of the tragedy was attributed to a strong electricity power surge from the public power grid to the area which sparked off fire on the house where the victims were accommodated.
According to residents of the area, the fire spread quickly engulfing the house before assistance could reach those trapped inside the apartment.
Eyewitness account confirmed that spirited efforts to fight the fire were unsuccessful as the apartment was secured with the occupants trapped inside while access into the house was hindered by the surging fire.
As the surging fire spread, those inside the house were caged in a midst thick smoke and flames without escape point as they fought and groped to get out to no avail.
The victims set for burial
And when help finally came, the fire had killed four members of the family, roasting them alive and left other members of the household with various decrees of burns as they narrowly escaped death.
The lucky survivors were rushed to the Intensive Care Unit of the Minna General Hospital where they were admitted and are undergoing treatment.
At the Minna main cemetery where the charred remains of the four were committed to earth, many mourners in gloomy mood and shock, at the gravity of the tragedy, remained speechless as they wept the sad calamity.