TORI News had earlier reported that the
PDP Presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, was missing at the International Conference Centre, the venue of the peace pact signing in Abuja, which was organised by the National Peace Committee, and led by a former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar.
According to PREMIUM TIMES, Atiku Abubakar, while reacting on why he didn't attend the event on Tuesday, said that he did not receive any invitation to take part at the signing of the peace accord for 2019 presidential candidates.
“I can confirm that Mr Abubakar did not receive any formal invitation to the signing of the peace pact,” Paul Ibe, a spokesperson for the former vice-president, said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.
President Muhammadu Buhari, had earlier arrived at the event shortly after 3:00 p.m., and he signed the agreement, while some other presidential candidates like Kingsley Moghalu, Omoyele Sowore and Oby Ezekwesili were absent.
Meanwhile, Popular Catholic Bishop, Matthew Kukah, who is one of the the proponents of the accord, confirmed that the committee “absolutely” sent invitation Atiku Abubakar, who is the main challenger to President Buhari at the general elections coming up in February.