According to a report by NewTelegraph, disaster was averted on Tuesday when a section of the Niger State Government House, Minna was gutted by fire following a spark from an electrical fault.
The fire incident, which occurred around 12:30 pm at the Office of the Permanent Secretary, Government House that has been under renovation, was, however, swiftly put out by men of the state Fire Service.
However, it was learnt that, it took fire-fighters over 15 minutes to get to the Government House, by then the fire had already burnt most of the office equipment and sensitive documents beyond recognition.
It was gathered that there is no single fire fighting truck stationed at the Government House, while it took personnel from the state Fire Service over 30 minutes to bring the situation under control.
The Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mrs Mary Noel Berje, in a statement, hailed men of the state Fire Service who mobilised three fire fighting trucks to the scene within 15 minutes of the fire outbreak.