At least two people have been killed and over twenty injured following a gas explosion in Lagos.
Scene of the Ajegunle gas explosion
Two persons were said to have died and over 20 others seriously injured in a horror gas explosion that happened in Ajegunle, Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Government Area of Lagos State.
The incident happened at Aduke Street, late Tuesday, eyewitnesses said.
The PM News quoted the Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, as confirming the incident.
Oke-Osanyintolu reportedly added that two children were burnt to death in the incident.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a gas cylinder store had exploded as a result of gas leakage.
“Further investigations revealed that the fire was ignited as a result of a call being made by an unidentified resident near the gas retailing shop.
“The fire escalated to other nearby shops and a bungalow behind the shops.
“Unfortunately, two children (male and female) lost their lives and multiple burn casualties were recorded — 23 in number,” he said.
Oke-Osanyintolu disclosed that all the casualties were being evacuated to the Burn Unit, Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos.
See the video of the fire incident tweeted by Tombara: