The Nigerian Army said the terrorists numbering over 7,000 surrendered in the past one week.
The Nigerian army has revealed that over 7,000 Boko Haram and Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists surrendered last week.
Maj.- Gen. Christopher Musa, Theatre Commander, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri on Wednesday.
The General said sustained operations against the ISWAP and Boko Haram led to significant successes.
“Thousands of insurgents comprising of combatants, non-combatants, foot soldiers alongside their families, continued to lay down their arms in different parts of Borno”, he noted.
The repentants and their families are to be profiled by the Army and others before they undergo rehabilitation processes, the commander disclosed.
Musa assured that the military and other security agencies will continue to devise and implement strategies to end terrorism.
About 30,000 insurgents and their families have surrendered in the last nine months.
The OPHK, launched in April 30, 2021, was formerly known as Operation Lafiya Dole.