Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Fire Destroys Shops In Kano Market

Posted by Amarachi on Mon 20th Jan, 2020 -

There was a fire outbreak at Kofar Ruwa Yan-Rodi Market in Dala Local Government area which left many shops burnt and properties destroyed.


File Photo

The Kano State Fire Service on Monday confirmed that four shops were destroyed by fire at Kofar Ruwa Yan-Rodi Market in Dala Local Government area.

The service said in a statement that the cause of the fire, which occurred on Sunday at 10:49 p.m., was unknown, but  investigation had begun.

Alhaji Saidu Muhammad, the Public Relations Officer of the fire service, confirmed the fire in the statement made available to newsmen in Kano State.

“We received a distress call on Sunday at 10:49 p.m from Emergency Communication Centre that there is a fire outbreak at the market.

”We quickly sent some personnel and fire fighting vehicle to the scene at 10:55 pm to stop it from spreading to other shops,
” Muhammad said.

He said that one of the shops was completely razed, while two others with three vehicles were slightly burnt.

He said there were no casualties, but property whose value had not been estimated were lost to the fire.

In another development, the service spokesman said that three shops were slightly burnt and one Usman Muhammed was trapped at Dorayi Chiranchi in Gwale Local Government.

“It is a shop used for exchange and selling of gas cylinder. We received a call from Muhammed (victim) at 11:46 a.m. that there is a fire outbreak at Dorayi.

”Our personnel got to the scene at 11:54 a.m to save the victim and stop the fire from spreading to other shops,’’
he said.

The spokesman said that the victim was rescued, but sustained slight injury and was handed over to his family to take to the hospital for treatment.

He advised traders to be more careful and desist from using instruments capable of triggering a fire and also to guard against recurrence.

Muhammed called on residents to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers at home to enable them to curtail outbreak before calling on the service.


Top Stories
Popular Stories

Stories from this Category
Recent Stories