A mother has died a painful death in Abuja after her cooking gas exploded leaving her severely burned.
Evelyn Chinwendu died after gas explosion
Friends have taken to social media to mourn the loss of Evelyn Chinwendu Ejike (nee Ogechukwu Osita) who died after her cooking gas exploded in her house in Abuja last week.
It was alleged that the pregnant woman's phone could have triggered the explosion while cooking.
The woman suffered 90 per cent burns on her body and died at the hospital where she was receiving treatment.
A friend, Ujunwa took to Facebook and wrote:
"I still can't believe you are no more. Rip ogechukwu osita"
See more posts below: