Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner

Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Oh No!! 37-Year-Old Man Dies From Electrocution In Delta

Posted by Amarachi on Mon 07th Sep, 2020 -

The deceased was electrocuted as he tried to change over after power was restored.


The deceased, William Madu

A 37-year old man has lost his life after being electrocuted when he tried to change over from generator power to main grid while watching TV in Sapele, Delta State.

The incident was said to have happened on Sunday August 6, at about 1:35 pm along Oleh road in the timber town.

William Madu, who works with a water processing company, was watching a sitcom in his house when the power company restored power. He stood up to put change over but was electrocuted.

A source told Vanguard: "He left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power from the building before we could rescue him."

The source added that William gave up the ghost before they could get to the hospital. His body has been deposited in a morgue.

William was the sole breadwinner in his family and was the only male child of his father.

Upon hearing the news of his son's death, the deceased's father fainted and had to be revived by neighbours.

Top Stories
Popular Stories

Stories from this Category
Recent Stories