Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner





Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Oh No! Woman Gets Injured In Fire Disaster Caused By Fuel Stored Inside Kitchen In Ilorin

Posted by Samuel on Wed 02nd Mar, 2022 - tori.ng

The fire outbreak occurred last night at about 21:08hrs, at Ile Tuntun behind Ile Olopa Compound, Oja-Iya Area of Ilorin, Kwara State capital.

 

File photo

Daily Post reports that a young Nigerian lady was injured in a fire disaster that gutted a six-bedroom residential building in Ilorin on Tuesday.

The fire outbreak occurred last night at about 21:08hrs, at Ile Tuntun behind Ile Olopa Compound, Oja-Iya Area of Ilorin, Kwara State capital.

The injured lady, DAILY POST gathered, was in hurry to prepare supper for her family in the kitchen, she lit the gas burner forgetting that a gallon of petrol was in the kitchen.

The gallon of petrol exploded setting the house on fire and injuring the lady in the process, according to firefighters who rescued the situation.

Spokesman of the state fire service, Hakeem Adekunle in Ilorin on Wednesday disclosed that firemen were able to extinguish the fire on time and rescued the lady.

Out of the six bedrooms in the burning building, three were affected by the fire, Hakeem added.

Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, urged the general public to take fire safety precautionary measures as very paramount and warned against hoarding fuel inside their homes.



Top Stories
Popular Stories


Stories from this Category
Recent Stories