Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner





Hot Stories
Recent Stories

4-year-old Girl And 3 Others Hospitalized Following Cooking Gas Explosion

Posted by Amarachi on Thu 08th Feb, 2024 - tori.ng

Faridat Shittu was sleeping in the room when the incident happened about 2p.m. but was rescued by community members and other injured victims.

Building

A 4-year-old girl, Faridat Shittu, alongside three others have been hospitalized at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, after a cooking gas exploded at their home located at 1, Odubanwo Street, off Olaniyi Street, Gbinrinmi in Ojokoro LCDA, Lagos.

Faridat’s grandfather, grandmother, and uncle also suffered burns in the incident that occurred on Sunday, Feb 4.

Narrating what happened, one of the victims, Faridat’s grandmother, who is currently in severe pain in hospital said she was frying meat and suddenly the oil caught fire and efforts to control it got beyond their capacity, which led to an explosion of the cooking gas. “

Faridat Shittu was sleeping in the room when the incident happened about 2p.m. but was rescued by community members and other injured victims.

The 14-room building, including shops, was burnt down due to the intensity of the explosion, thereby rendering 11 families homeless.
 



Top Stories
Popular Stories


Stories from this Category
Recent Stories