A promising young Nigerian man has had his life cut short after being electrocuted by Christmas light in Delta state.
It is a sad news for the family members of a 35-year-old man popularly known as Jaja after he was electrocuted while dismantling Christmas light decorations in Asaba, the Delta state.
It was gathered that the incident happened along Nnebisi Road on Monday, January 18.
The victim, a staff of Abba Solar & Digital Tech Ltd, was said to have been engaged by a contractor to the Asaba Capital Territory Development Agency on beautification, to dismantle the decorations.
The deceased's colleague, who confirmed the incident said that Jaja was disconnecting the decorations when one of the wires on the street light poles suddenly snapped, touched the ladder he was standing on and electrocuted him. He died on the spot.
Abba Solar & Digital Tech Ltd wrote on Facebook:
"With deep pain in our hearts, we regret to announce a very painful exit of one of our Technician popularly called Jaja. Age 35 years, He was Electricuted in Asaba while disconnecting the Christmas lights."