According to a report by Daily Post, fire has completely burnt a bungalow belonging to one Mrs Lucy Abang, a subsistence farmer in Bunyia Irruan community of Boki LGA of Cross River State.
The incident happened two days ago in the night.
Even though she, her sons and their wives were asleep, yet no life was reported lost to the inferno.
However, they lost all their properties in the house to the fire.
According to the grandma, “We do not know what the cause of the fire is. Because of the heat, we all decided to sleep outside. It was one of my grandchildren that woke everybody that fire was raging inside the house.”
Kind-hearted members of the public, including farmers’ groups have extended some material and financial supports to her.
Local women under the umbrella of Bayinyi Boki Worldwide, also sent in cash donations to the family.
President of the Association, Mrs. Florence Odok said as mothers, they could not close their eyes to the plight of one of their members.
Representing the President, Mrs Beatrice Otu said the benefits of socializing and networking with other women across the world were much.