A man who is yet to be identified man, has been electrocuted in Edo State.
The man was electrocuted while carrying out repairs on one of the electric poles close to the University of Benin, Ekehuan campus on Thursday.
In a video that went viral on Friday morning, the man, who wore electrical safety clothing, was seen at the top end of an electrical pole close to the institution’s gate, apparently trying to fix a power problem.
Eyewitnesses said the man was held up on the pole and before they could turn off the transformer, he was electrocuted.
One of them said, “The man was trying to fix one of the wires that was falling when he was electrocuted.
“I don’t think the light was not turned off from the central switch before he embarked on carrying out the repair. He was already close to the high-tension wire when power was restored and he got electrocuted.
“He was there for about 20 minutes before people started noticing what was happening to him. But I guess it was too late.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Evelyn Gbiwen said she got a hint of the incident but was not having details because she was indisposed and would get back to the reporter.