A pair of twin toddlers have tragically died in a really horrific manner in South Africa.
The twins both died after one fell into a family swimming pool, and the other tried to save him, it has been reported.
Two-year-olds Sebastian and Ethan were found dead in the water in South Africa last weekend.
Cops are now investigating the heartbreaking circumstances surrounding their death.
A local ambulance service spokesman confirmed the death of the two brothers in a statement.
He said: "Rescue Care Paramedics arrived on the scene to find the twins had somehow fallen into the family pool.
"Paramedics assessed the two and attempted to resuscitate them.
“However, their attempts were not successful and both boys were declared deceased on the scene."
According to the boys' grandad, Ivan Ikes, the duo had wandered outside while under the care of their nanny without her knowing, reports The Sun.
Mr Ikes posted on social media and said: "The boys got up and went outside and somehow, after fiddling, got the gate to the pool fence open.
“One kid fell in and the other, after what seemed like beckoning to his brother to come out, jumped in to save him.“They hung onto the Kreepy Krawly (pool cleaner) for as long as they could until eventually succumbing to their fate."
The horrific accident has been caught on CCTV, capturing the moment the boys opened the gate and fell into the pool.
Mr Ikes posted an emotional tribute online, he said: "They came into our lives together, they left our lives together."
In a separate incident earlier this year, a babysitter who left twin toddlers unsupervised before they drowned in a swimming pool avoided prison, reports Mirror.
Jennifer Salley, 37, owner of OM Baby Childcare in West Knoxville, Tennessee, pleaded guilty to two counts of criminally negligent homicide in court this week.
She was caring for Elijah and Elyssa Orejuela at her home on July 20, 2018, when she left the nearly two year old tots unattended.
The children managed to get out of the bedroom to the pool, and when Salley came back she found them floating and unconscious.
Source: Daily Star UK