Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner





Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Oh No! Young Woman Gets Electrocuted After Dropping Her Phone In The Bath While It Was Charging

Posted by Samuel on Wed 09th Dec, 2020 - tori.ng

Olesya Semenova, 24, was found by her flatmate at their home in Russian city Arkhangelsk.

Olesya Semenova

Olesya Semenova, a 24-year-old woman has been electrocuted.

The young woman was electrocuted after suffering a massive electric shock when her charging iPhone fell in her bath.

Olesya Semenova was found by her flatmate at their home in Russian city Arkhangelsk.

'I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, did not breathe and showed no signs of life,' distraught friend named Daria, an estate agent, told the emergency operator.

'I was really scared. When I touched her, I got an electric shock.

'There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.'

Paramedics confirmed that Ms Semenova - who worked in a clothes shop - had died in the bath and that her iPhone 8 had fallen into the water when plugged into the mains.

A selfie video from a year ago shows her in her bath.

The Russian emergencies ministry issued a warning after the tragedy, the latest of a number of such fatalities in the country.

'The tragedy once again reminds us that water and an electrical appliance connected to the mains are incompatible.

'The same applies to any mobile device.

'If you drown a smartphone, the worst thing is its failure.

'But when it is connected to the network, we see what the consequences are.'


In August, a Russian schoolgirl Anna K, 15, died in Moscow after sustaining an electric shock in her bath.

Last year Liliya Novikova, 26, an internationally recognised poker star, was electrocuted last year in her bathroom.

The mathematics whiz had a first class degree in engineering from a top Russian university and was home alone when she died. 

***

Source: Daily Mail UK



Top Stories
Popular Stories


Stories from this Category
Recent Stories