Get Latest Tori News Alert!
Enter your email below.

Delivered by FeedBurner





Hot Stories
Recent Stories

Police Confirm Kidnap of Passengers Along Kaduna-Abuja By Bandits

Posted by Thandiubani on Thu 19th May, 2022 - tori.ng

The police mouthpiece further confirmed that the assailants fired indiscriminately on commuters in their desperate bid to commit an atrocity against unsuspecting road users.

 
The Kaduna State Police Command has confirmed an attack by bandits along the Kaduna-Abuja road on Tuesday.
 
Recall that we had reported that the terrorists had on Tuesday ambushed motorists on the Kaduna-Abuja road, abducting an unspecified number of people.
 
The assailants in their large number were reportedly shooting sporadically and in the process injured three passengers, and abducted several others.
 
Confirming the latest attack in a statement on Thursday, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Muhammed Jalige said the State Commissioner of Police, CP Yekini A. Ayoku and Kaduna Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr Samuel Aruwan, who conducted an on-the-spot visit to the scene on Wednesday, expressed sadness over the incident.
 
He explained that the command had received a distress call earlier that armed bandits in large numbers, wielding sophisticated weapons were operating on the Kaduna–Abuja road, between St. Peters and Audu Ogbe farm, Kateri village.
 
The police mouthpiece further confirmed that the assailants fired indiscriminately on commuters in their desperate bid to commit an atrocity against unsuspecting road users.
 
Responding to the attack, Jalige said the Command immediately mobilized the available manpower and logistics to the area to counter the bandits.
 
According to him, the move was swift as the operatives engaged the bandits in a fierce gun duel, which forced the criminals to retreat into the bush, adding that the quick response by the security forces aided in reducing causality.
 
“The attack left three (3) persons with varying degrees of bullet wounds and were evacuated by the operatives to hospital for proper treatment, adding that five vehicles were also recovered from the scene,” Jalige noted.
 
The PPRO, however, said the number of the victims abducted could not be confirmed yet. He said the CP promised to redouble the efforts to build on the recent safety being enjoyed by road users.
 
He also ordered an immediate and thorough investigation of the immediate and remote causes of the security breach resulting in the unfortunate incident.
 
He urged members of the public not to be deterred by the setback as the Command was not leaving any stone unturned to guarantee the safety of road users and forestall future occurrences.


Top Stories
Popular Stories


Stories from this Category
Recent Stories